From the critically acclaimed director; Hideo Kojima; Metal Gear Solid HD Collection for Playstation Vita includes two of the most popular Metal Gear Solid titles from the past in true HD. Featuring both Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty and Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater; the HD Collection offers gamers a chance to experience the epic gameplay; design and storytelling of the MGS franchise with all-new features including optimized controls designed to take full advantage of the Vita’s touch-screen capabilities; a rebalanced user interface along with trophies and game-saves that can be shared via TRANSFARRING (save data sharing) with the PS3 version of MGS HD Collection.
The ‘Metal Gear Solid (MGS)’ series is the seminal work of Hideo Kojima Japan’s master game creator and the progenitor of the stealth action game genre. With more than 31 million units sold to date the Metal Gear series has become a global phenomenon. The player controls a secret agent from an elite special forces unit who is sent on solo stealth missions through enemy installations vast jungles and sometimes even the thick of battle. Alone and surrounded by the enemy even a special forces agent will find it tough to come out alive. But that is the secret behind the series’ popularity-the cerebral challenge of figuring out how to avoid combat and the thrill of sneaking through enemy territory undetected.
Along with the gameplay the MGS series is also known for its storyline which blends seamlessly with the gameplay. The scenarios are based on extensive research and incorporate the drama of actual developments in society. These elements have made MGS what it is today: a mature work of entertainment that transcends national borders and the confines of video games and one of the leading products of the Japanese content business.
- Two Epic Games in One – Featuring hours of endless fun play through two of the treasured classics in the Metal Gear Solid universe with Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty and Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
- Optimized Controls – Utilize the PS Vita’s unique touch-screen controls to battle enemies while traversing the landscapes
- Finely Tuned Interface – Tweaked rebalanced user interface helps maximize the users efficiency
- An Inimitable Universe – Experience some of the greatest gaming design storytelling and presentation of all-time with the heroic Metal Gear Solid universe
- Transfarring – Continue your saved game no matter where you are by transferring your trophies and save-game data back and forth from your PlayStation(r)3 and the PlayStation Vita