The story of Baten Kaitos takes place at a time when lands exist in the sky. It is an era in which the once-vast oceans have become mere legend among men. This is the world in which Kalas and Xelha meet: A world in crisis; where a conspiracy for power may lead to its destruction. Players will control a spirit that guides and advises Kalas throughout his journey and fights by his side. Over 1000 types of ‘Magnus’ cards deliver an intense battle system combined with breathtaking graphics and a world overflowing with character detail. Enter Baten Kaitos on a journey to unlock the mystery of the lost sea in an enchanting story of friendship; betrayal and prayer.
- An intense and unconventional card-based RPG battle system with over 1000 types of ‘Magnus’ cards (each with its own unique artwork) that can be combined.
- Capture the essence of certain items and entrap them within blank magnus cards then reproduce them during combat healing solving puzzles and more. Magnus cards age through time: foods will ripen or rot items will rust gain or lose value with age.
- Experience shocking story development as you control a spirit that guides and advises Kalas throughout his journey. Enter a world overflowing with character detail emotion and expression.
- Players will be in awe of incredible graphics – including sub-worlds towns villages cities and even weather patterns bursting with amazing color and detail.
- 3D Character designs by Asami Fujita. Brilliant soothing soundtrack composed by Motoi Sakuraba.