In its 12th year; the Madden franchise is back and looking to continue its dominance on all platforms. Each platform boasts new features such as faster gameplay new modes and new graphics that will please Nintendo GameCube fans.
- All new player face and body technology so player faces and body shapes will look even more like the real life counterpart.
- Coach animations feature new face and body technology. Madden NFL™ is still the only game where actual coaches can roam the sideline.
- New modes include Two-Minute Drill where points can be earned on offense or defense in a quick-hitting fast-paced game within the game; Create-a Team featuring customized uniforms helmets and stadiums; and Coach’s Corner where you can learn about the X’s and O’s of football from John Madden while perfecting in-game skills.
- Play and draft with the newest NFL franchise the Houston Texans. Take them to the Super BowlÂ® in Franchise Mode. New Madden Cards with new players new designs and cheerleaders.
- Hundreds of new animations have been added while a new focus on player emotion and high drama has been added with cool replays featuring camera angles a TV broadcast can’t capture such as inside the huddle.
- With Widescreen TV support you can now see all of your receivers run their patterns. Madden NFL 2002 incorporates strategy from real NFL coaches and John Madden himself improvements to blocking and pass coverage lead the list of changes for 2002.